We hope you will enjoy the farewell dinner on saturday evening at the Castle of Rauischholzhausen!
Castle Rauischholzhausen

The Castle of Rauischholzhausen was designed by the architect Carl Schaefer, a student of Gottlieb Ungewitter, in the style of Klein-Potsdam. The construction lasted from 1871 to 1878 and the castle was lavishly decorated. In 1873 the building collapsed, because the foundations had been badly layed. Carl Jonas Mylius and Alfred Friedrich Bluntschli, both students of the architect Semper, were commissioned to redesign the castle according to Schaefer's original concept. In 1875 the construction of the roof and the South East wing were completed. The main building, reminiscent of an English manor house, was finished a year later. In 1878 the half-timber wing of the building was completed.

When Rau von Holzhausen first lived on the location of today┬┤s castle he stayed at the castle mill, which is located at the lower entrance to the park and was built in the 16th century. In today's pond there was a water castle which could be approached through the large portal which still adorns the atrium of the castle. The door frame is decorated by a lion's head with a ring in its mouth and the ionic colums may be identified as belonging to the renaissance style.

The park is designed in the English style and contains almost 300 different types of trees. Two creeks run through the park and form several ponds connected by artificial cascading waterfalls. Sculptures including a Lithuanian princess, a female slave, a virgin, and a tired rambler may be found between groups of trees.